The Wedgwood Institute was built in 1865 as a place to run courses for the working men of Burslem on science, business and the arts. It has deep-rooted community significance, as its construction was funded entirely by the public
This vast Victorian building at Grimsby Port has been left abandoned and its dereliction sits side-by-side with the wider economic decline of the area. When industry is lost, its associated buildings lose their purpose and are often left empty and neglected.
The Palace was built by Edmund Earl of Cornwall in 1292. In 1337, the Black Prince was created the first Duke of Cornwall and he made this Palace the administrative centre. It was from here the Duchy was managed and developed a strong association with the tin mining industry.
We helped them develop a strategy to set up a local building preservation group and supported a phased approach which allowed the regeneration to build up over time, with careful consideration to the preservation of the heritage and supporting the community's needs.
We worked with Bletchley Park Trust to begin the restoration of one of the most important historic sites in the country. The huts at Bletchley housed highly secret communications, cipher and code operations.