The Wedgwood Institute was built in 1865 as a place to run courses for the working men of Burslem on science, business and the arts. It has deep-rooted community significance, as its construction was funded entirely by the public...
We worked with Bletchley Park Trust to begin the restoration of one of the most important historic sites in the country. The huts at Bletchley housed highly secret communications, cipher and code operations.
The Maltings were built by Bass Breweries at the start of the 20th century and were the largest of their kind in the country. Some of the buildings still contain equipment of the former malting processes.
We acted as the Project Advisor for the heritage elements of the scheme to restore the main and establish a museum on site. The building was built in 1776 and significantly extended in 1788 by Sir John Soane. It was acquired by the Royal Air Force in 1926 and housed the headquarters of Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain.