Don't Miss Recycling Historic Buildings: Empowering Local Authorities and Communities.
The Prince's Regeneration Trust in partnership with the Institute of Historic Building Conservation and the Civic Trust for Wales held a conference in Wales on Thursday 26th March 2009 9.30-4.40 St George’s Hotel, Llandudno.
For those whose responsibility it is to manage Wales’ heritage at a local level there are often complex issues and significant difficulties to be overcome in bringing redundant historic buildings back into use. However, a proactive approach to historic buildings at risk can deliver important economic, environmental and social benefits.
Attendees at the conference saw how a successful project can be delivered and how statutory powers can be more effectively used to maximise the potential of historic assets.
- Alun Ffred Jones, AM Minister for Heritage (keynote address)
- Marilyn Lewis Director, Cadw
- Ros Kerslake, Chief Executive, The Prince’s Regeneration Trust
- Dr Tim Williams regular contributor to Regeneration and Renewal magazine
- Charles Mynors author of Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas and Monuments
- Bob Kindred MBE Operational Manager, Conservation and Urban Design, Ipswich Borough Council
- Liz Davidson Project Director, Glasgow Merchant City Townscape Heritage Initiative
- Simon Robertshaw Conservation Manager, Monmouthshire County Council